Utilities Network System Administrator
|Full Time||Portomaso Business Tower||Tumas Group|
Tumas Group is looking to recruit a full-time Utilities Network System Administrator, who will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining a company’s computer network and its systems. The primary role is to ensure the smooth and uninterrupted operation of the network infrastructure, including servers, switches, routers, firewalls, and related software.
The selected candidate will assume responsibility for implementing and maintaining computer networks that utilize several Aruba switches and fiber optic technology. The candidate will work with network engineers, IT technicians, and other IT professionals to ensure the network functions efficiently and effectively.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining network hardware and software, including routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points.
- Designing and implementing networks that utilize Aruba switches and fiber optic technology.
- Monitoring network performance and ensuring that the network is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Configuring VLANs: Creating and managing virtual LANs (VLANs) to segment traffic and improve performance.
- Implementing Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): Ensuring no loops in the network topology by configuring STP to detect and disable redundant paths.
- Managing switching stacks: Configuring and maintaining switching stacks to ensure optimal performance and availability.
- Troubleshooting network issues: Identifying and resolving network problems using diagnostic tools and techniques, such as connectivity issues or congestion.
- Network security: Implementing network security measures such as access control, firewalls, and VPNs to protect the network from unauthorized access.
- Familiarity with IoTs: A good understanding of Internet of Things (IoT) technology, including hardware, firmware, and software components.
- Updating network devices: Keeping network devices up to date with the latest firmware and software updates to ensure optimal performance and security.
- Developing and maintaining network documentation, including network diagrams, IP addressing schemes, and network policies and procedures.
- Performing regular backups of network data to ensure data availability and integrity.
- Stay updated with new networking technologies and best practices to ensure the network meets industry standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR
- A recognized degree at MQF Level 5 in computing and/or ICT, or a recognized comparable degree at MQF Level 5 in computing and/or ICT plus two (2) years of relevant work experience in a structured and mature ICT context, OR
- A recognized degree at MQF Level 6 in computing and/or ICT (with a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVETS OR equivalent*) or a recognized professional degree at MQF Level 6 in computing and/or ICT plus one (1) year of relevant work experience in a formal and advanced ICT environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Network System Administrator with expertise in Aruba switches and fiber optics.
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and SNMP.
- Experience with network monitoring tools like Nagios, SolarWinds, Zabbix, NetBox, or PRTG.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment.
Relevant industry certifications like CCNA, CCNP, or CISSP are preferred.