Internal Audit Manager
|Full Time||Portomaso Business Tower||Tumas Group|
An opportunity has arisen within Tumas Group’s head office for a full-time Internal Audit Manager, reporting to the Group’s Board of Directors. The selected candidate will assist in the planning and execution of the strategic audit plan, conduct internal audit procedures across the Group’s activities which cover various sectors of the local economy.
Other duties include:
- Preparation of audit plans and internal audit documentation.
- Preparation and Implementation of the internal audit work programmes.
- Perform audit assignments across Tumas Group of companies with the aim of identifying internal control gaps, operational and financial risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Carry out financial, operational, regulatory and compliance procedures and participate in IT audit assignments.
- Produce internal audit reports based on factual evidence.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on the effectiveness of operational, financial and compliance processes and internal controls. Ensure that the recommendations add value to the Group and reflect best practice within the specific industry the relative entity is operating in.
- Follow-up on risks arising from audit reviews and prepare status reports.
- Follow up on the audit recommendations and timelines for corrective actions with auditees’ management team.
- Review reports prepared by team members within the internal Audit unit as well as manage staff.
- Assist in the engagement of CSP’s when required by Board of Directors. Contribute to the development of the Group’s Internal Audit function and personal continuous professional development.
- Aiding the coaching, development and performance management of staff including completion of the project performance evaluations.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the Group Head Internal Audit and Audit Committee.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- A recognised University Degree having worked as external auditor, internal audit, finance, management or economics.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an audit environment.
- Proficient understanding of general risks and controls.
- Familiarity with Hospitality and Gaming Financial Operations and Controls.
- Should be highly professional and a person of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills in both Maltese and English.
- Proven, proficient writing and analytical skills.