|Full Time||Portomaso Business Tower||Tumas Gaming|
The Head Chef is responsible for the operation and profitable functioning of the kitchens at Portomaso Casino operated by Tumas Gaming. The selected candidate will be responsible for the kitchen’s performance and will endeavor to train, motivate and inspire the team to deliver an efficient food operation. S/He should be familiar with all policies, standards and procedures in F&B and be committed to implement and maintain them.
Other duties include:
- Responsible for food ordering and controlling stock.
- Supervise service ensuring presentation of food is compliant with restaurant standards.
- Ensure that the team is notified of all function bookings and products required from other sections. Ensure that all last-minute changes are acknowledged by the relevant section and carried out.
- Closely coordinate with the team to ensure that all the machinery and utensils are properly cleaned according to the kitchen’s standard.
- Set measurable performance standards, objectives and goals to be achieved.
- Ensure that all the team follows our standard recipes, methods of preparation and presentation according to the department standard.
- Become familiar with the menu, the ingredients, portion size, method of cooking and time it takes to prepare each item on the menu.
- Work closely with the Management and other departments to build effective relations, and to ensure a smooth and cost-efficient operation.
- Be compliant with all security policies and procedures.
- Ensure a high standard of hygiene and grooming of employees.
- Maintain good discipline and facilitate teamwork within the department.
- Conform at all times with health and hygiene regulations.
- Dedicate time to develop the team and ensure attendance to training courses provided for team members.
Skills, knowledge, experience & attitude:
- Applicant must be hard working, organized and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Able to generate ideas which lead to business development.
- Able to compile and cost menus.
- Have a smart personality.
- Possess a valid work permit to work in Malta.
- Ideally be HACCP qualified, though not mandatory
Applications are to be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org