Data Protection and Compliance Officer
|Full Time||Portomaso Business Tower||Tumas Group|
Tumas Group is seeking to recruit a Data Protection and Compliance Officer to assume responsibility for the company’s compliance with GDPR and the Data Protection Act.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Improve the management of data, including sensitive data across Tumas Group’s subsidiaries.
- Carry out regular internal security assessments to identify any gaps with the data protection legislation. Ensure that these are addressed in a timely manner.
- Act as the primary point of contact within Tumas Group for members of staff, regulators/authorities and any relevant public bodies on issues related to data protection.
- Participate in meetings with relevant parties, internally and externally, on data protection issues.
- Advise group company (controllers, processors and employees) of their obligations at law on all matters related to data protection.
- Perform audits and determine whether it is necessary to alter procedures to comply with regulations.
- Devise training plans and provide data protection advice and support to management and members of staff. Deliver training on GDPR compliance to employees on a regular basis.
- Promote a culture of data protection compliance across the companies’ subsidiaries.
In order to be shortlisted, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Possess MQF level 5 / level 6 qualification in Data Protection.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of GDPR, privacy principles and applicable laws.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the company.
- Professional work ethic, display impartiality and able to handle confidential information.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
Previous experience in data protection, IT Security and legal compliance will be considered an advantage.
Method of application
Should you meet the requirements for the above position, kindly send an updated CV with a covering letter to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org