|Full Time||St Julians||Tumas Group|
Tumas Group is seeking to employ a motivated and experienced Compliance Officer to guarantee that our business processes and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines.
Reporting into the Head of Compliance, the selected candidate will review employee work, develop company policies, respond to policy violations as well as train and educate employees on laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Other responsibilities include
- Assist in the implementation and management of an effective compliance program.
- Liaise with management team members across the Group’s subsidiaries as may be appropriate.
- Develop and review company policies.
- Assess the group companies’ compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Advise management on the gaps identified and propose remedial actions.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
- Ensure that all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
- Prepare compliance reports as indicated by the Head of Compliance.
- A bachelor’s degree in law, finance, business management or a related field.
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A professional work ethic, strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Previous experience as a Compliance Officer will be considered an asset.
Method of application:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit an updated CV with a covering letter to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org