Chef De Partie
|Full Time||Portomaso Business Tower||Tumas Gaming|
Tumas Gaming is looking for a full-time Chef de Partie to assume responsibility for the proper efficiency and profitable functioning of the assigned kitchen-section. The Chef de Partie will supervise the work of the Commis Chefs and Kitchen Porters in line with F&B standards and principles.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head Chef on the implementation of food control procedures.
- Ensure that food supplies conform to the company’s quality standards.
- Ensure that all perishable items are in perfect condition, taking preventive action against loss whenever necessary.
- Solve any issues in the assigned section and report to Head Chef in charge.
- Always provide customers with full explanations about food products, namely allergens and special requirements.
- Adhere to standard recipes, methods of preparation and presentation, as indicated by the Chef.
- Be familiar with the menu, namely with the ingredients, portion size and cooking method of each item.
- Constantly check prepared food for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
- Prepare, in co-operation with the Head Chef, daily food requisition as per Casino policies, being careful not to overstock and report any items in low quantity.
- Ensure that section is notified of all function bookings and that all last-minute changes are acknowledged and catered for.
- Organize handover after completion of shift.
- Promote meticulous cleanliness and orderliness and bring to the attention of the Sous Chef any situation where hygiene is below standard.
- Regulate temperatures of ovens, grill and other cooking equipment.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene.
- Lead and develop team members and provide on the job training on cooking methods.
Person Specification (Skills, knowledge, experience and attitude):
- Ensure that all staff follows standard recipes, methods of preparation and presentation according to the set casino standard.
- Make sure all production quantities are met, but closely watch over all materials used with a view of eliminating waste and spoilage.
- Attention to detail.
- Good Communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Following HACCP to the letter.
- Previous experience will be considered an asset but not necessary.
Kindly send your full CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org