Assistant Financial Controller
|Full Time||Portomaso Business Tower||Tumas Gaming|
An opportunity has arisen with Tumas Gaming Limited for a full-time Assistant Financial Controller. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the accounting operations of the company, ensuring the timely and accurate recording in the company’s book of accounts, generating financial reports for management and statutory purposes.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Review, plan, direct, coordinate and control subordinates’ activities which include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and finalising journals for monthly management accounts;
- Supervising bank reconciliations and monitoring cash flows;
- Reviewing the issue of invoices to clients and following up outstanding debtor balances;
- Monitoring worksheets with daily information provided by outlets, ensuring that they are being updated and reconciled;
- Following up issues with suppliers which are escalated from junior staff;
- Assets inventory record keeping and control;
- Preparing reports for government authorities such as VAT returns, MGA taxation, etc;
- Preparing payroll calculation, reviewing and validating all payroll related transactions;
- Reviewing supplier invoices and ensuring that these have been approved and backed up with respective purchase order before processing for payment.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of business transactions within the agreed timelines and in line with accounting standards.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of weekly estimates of the business performance and monthly forecasts prior to the preparation of management accounts done by the finance team.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of budgets and required financial reporting requests.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for financial transactions.
- Ensure the timely preparation of financial information that may be required by external bodies, such as regulators and banks.
- Liaise with management to obtain information required or discuss issues encountered and arising from operations.
- Liaise with auditors to perform statutory audit and maintain an effective working relationship with them.
- Endeavour to keep subordinates always motivated; conduct job development interviews of subordinates as required.
- Provide for the training of subordinates to ensure that they have the necessary knowledge and skill to carry out their duties with sustained maximum efficiency.
- Ensure good housekeeping of financial records and confidential information.
- Provide support to certain projects and initiatives as required by management.
- Any other relevant duties as may by requested by the Financial Controller.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- In possession of or at an advanced stage of obtaining a University degree in Accounting or ACCA.
- 3 years previous work experience; previous experience in the gaming industry will be considered an asset.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good command of English and preferably Italian.
- Organization skills.
- Team Leader skills.
Method of application:
Should you meet the requirements for the above position, kindly send an updated CV with a covering letter to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org