Accounts Payable Executive
|Full Time||Portomaso Business Tower||Tumas Gaming|
Tumas Gaming operates the Casino Division within the Tumas Group. Its humble origins go back to 1998 when its first land-based casino was opened (the Qawra Oracle Casino). During the past 25+ years, Tumas Gaming Group has expanded to include a second land-based casino (Portomaso Casino, opened in June 2006) and an online business-to-business (B2B) operations (named Religa, launched in 2020). Tumas Gaming family comprises of circa 420 passionate employees, working together to take our operations to the next level.
You will be responsible for a set of day-to-day accounting tasks as well as assisting the CFO and Assistant Financial Controller with ad hoc finance projects or reports.
Honesty and integrity play a vital role in finance. The Finance team is a first line of defence in making sure that the Tumas Gaming Group presents a true and fair picture of its operational results and financial position.
Role and responsibilities
- Accounting team: Forming an integral part of the Accounting team within the Finance department, participating in the monthly and yearly closing processes including keeping deadlines in accordance with the Group’s financial plan.
- Book-keeping: Responsible for the day-to-day incoming invoicing and book-keeping in the Group’s accounting software. Ensure bookkeeping is in accordance with IFRS as adopted by the EU and local GAAP.
- Accounts payables: Responsible for the accounts payables ledger process for the assigned legal entities in the Group, from the initial stages of raising a PO up to processing payments in the Group’s bank accounts. You will work closely with the Assistant Financial Controller, as well as with heads of operations. You will be liaising with suppliers (e.g. about purchase orders and payments).
- Reconciliation of accounts: Reconciling suppliers’ outstanding balances and balance sheet accounts, ensuring that there are no unexplained or unreconciled discrepancies.
- Accruals and prepayments: Responsible for accounting for accruals and prepayments at month end and monitoring accruals and prepayments during the year.
- Authorization policy: Along with the Assistant Financial Controller, you will be responsible for updating the authorization policy continuously when new employees join.
- Safeguarding assets: Develop and maintain adequate internal controls to safeguard the Group’s assets and to ensure the internal and external financial reporting is true and fair. Mapping key processes identifying and implementing controls (in dialogue with the Assistant Financial Controller).
- Development projects: Participating and coordinating projects related to the Finance department such as upgrading the finance system, mapping company processes, establishing financial guides, etc.
Person specification (skills, knowledge, experience, attitude)
- Prior work experience in a relevant accounts payable role is considered to be a great asset.
- A highly organised character, having the ability to work on own initiative, in a methodical and organized manner, completing tasks on time.
- A natural team player, collaborating well with colleagues and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel.
What do we offer?
- Modern offices and a family-like environment.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Private health insurance.
- Forming part of, and exposure to, one of the largest group of companies based locally.
- Continuous training and career growth opportunities.
- Company social events for building strong relationships with colleagues from all across the organization.