|Full Time||Portomaso Business Tower||Tumas Group|
Tumas Group has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant to join its Finance team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the selected candidate will be responsible for general accounting duties and activities.
Overall purpose of the position:
- Maintain accounting records and prepare periodic reports including the monthly management accounts.
- Prepare and review reconciliation of monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Prepare cash flows and related analysis.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Review VAT returns.
- Implement financial policies.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Assist the Financial Controller with monthly variance analyses.
- Participate in the financial annual audit cycle and liaise with the company’s auditors as required.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Financial Controller.
- In possession of or at an advanced stage of obtaining a University degree in Accounting or ACCA.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar role.
- Competence in MS Office applications, especially Excel, and preferably Shireburn accounting package.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work towards agreed deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and manage work with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work on own initiative.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.