|Full Time||Portomaso Business Tower||Portomaso Gaming|
You will be responsible for a set of day-to-day accounting tasks as well as assisting the Finance Manager with ad hoc finance projects or accounting standards.
Honesty and integrity play a vital role in finance. The finance team is a first line of defence in making sure that the Tumas Gaming Group presents a true and fair picture of its operational results and financial position.
Role and Responsibilities:
Accounting team: You will form part of the Accounting team within the Finance department participating in the monthly and yearly closing processes including keeping dead-lines in accordance with the group financial plan.
Liquidity management: Performing bank reconciliations and preparing cash flow statements and forecasts to monitor the organization’s cash position.
Maintenance of Intangible Assets Registrar: Responsible to ensure that Intangible assets register is up to date and reconciles to the General Ledger. This also includes the accounting of any capital expenditure and leases the Group has in place.
Payroll Accounting: Responsible for liaising with HR department and account for payroll costs.
Intra-group reconciliations: Own a portfolio of related parties for which a monthly reconciliation and an annual summary of related parties transactions is prepared.
Tax computations: Preparing reports for government authorities (such as quarterly VAT returns, payroll and monthly MGA taxation submissions). Also assist the finance manager in calculating the tax expense.
Statutory Accounts: On yearly basis assist the finance manager to prepare the Statutory Accounts of the Group’s subsidiaries in line with the financial plan.
Safeguarding assets: Assisting the Finance Manager to develop and maintain adequate internal controls to safeguard the Group’s assets and to ensure the internal and external financial reporting are true and fair.
Accounting: Support Financial Manager in developing accounting papers and investigating potential accounting related considerations within IFRS areas and new upcoming accounting standards affecting internal and external reporting.
Person Specification (Skills, knowledge, experience, attitude):
- ACCA/Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Accounting or at the final stages of achieving a comparable recognised qualification.
- Experience at a big four audit firm or in a similar role is considered an asset
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a dynamic environment. Willingness to learn new skills and stay updated on industry trends, tax rules and changes in accounting practices.
- Works in a methodical and organized manner, completing tasks on time.
- A natural team-player, collaborating well with colleagues and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel;
- A highly organised character and ability to work on own initiative and without the need for supervision or micro-managing
What do we offer?
- Modern offices and a family-like environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Private Health Insurance
- Forming part of one of the largest group of companies based locally
- Continuous training and career growth opportunities
- Company social events for building strong relationships with colleagues from all across the organization
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send an updated CV with a covering letter to the Human Resources Department at [email protected]