Pastry Commis Chef
|Part Time||Qawra||Dolmen Resort Hotel|
A vacancy for the position of Pastry Commis Chef has arisen within Dolmen Hotel on a part time basis.
Reporting to the Pastry Chef, the selected candidate will be involved in the day to day preparation of desserts, as well as decorating and baking goods according to existing menus and daily business.
Other duties include:
-Maintaining expected levels of standards and quality of service.
-Keeping the pastry and work areas clean and organized.
Required knowledge, experience and skills:
- Previous experience in a pastry kitchen of a four or five star hotel.
- A valid food handling certification from a recognized institution.
- An understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace and HAACP measures used throughout the Kitchen and Pastry.
- Attention to detail and good personal standards.
- A good knowledge of trends of pastry services within hotels and restaurants.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in Maltese and English.
- Readiness to work flexible hours.
A certification from ITS on Food Preparation & Production or equivalent will be considered an asset.
Method of application:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their application together with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com